Financial Aid

Financial Aid is designed to assist students in meeting the costs of attending Surry Community College. Financial assistance includes several types of aid: grants, scholarships, student loans, veterans services, and the option to setup a payment plan.

An eligible student may now receive a full Federal Pell Grant for Summer Semester, even if they received a full Federal Pell Grant during the fall and spring semesters!

Financial Aid Priority Deadlines

Anyone interested in financial aid information may contact the Financial Aid Office. All financial assistance is awarded without regard to the student's race, religion, national origin, age, sex, or disability.

Complete your application to ensure your financial aid is in place by the beginning of the semester.

Priority Deadlines:

  • Fall Semester: June 1
  • Spring Semester: October 1
  • Summer Semester: March 1

Students whose aid is already setup do not need to reapply for the same academic year. You only need to reapply for the coming year if you haven’t already.

When applying for Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you will need to provide Surry Community College's Title IV school code, which is 002970. Surry Community College also requires satisfactory academic progress of all students receiving financial aid.

Withdrawal from classes after aid is accessed can result in repayment of aid to school.

Pell Grant

Year-round Pell allows students to receive up to 150 percent of a regular grant award over the course of the academic year so that they can continue taking classes in the summer and finish their degrees faster than they would otherwise. With careful planning, Pell Grant recipients may take advantage of this new regulation to earn their degree faster.

Note: The provisions of the new law state that any Pell Grant received will be included in determining the student's Pell Grant duration of eligibility and Lifetime Eligibility Used (LEU).

To be eligible for additional Pell Grant funds:

  • Student must be otherwise eligible to receive Pell Grant funds for the payment period.
  • Student must be enrolled at least half-time in the payment period(s) (6 credit hours) during the summer term.
  • Student must be maintaining satisfactory academic progress.


Financial Aid Specialist
(336) 386-3465

Financial Aid Compliance Specialist
(336) 386-3356

Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships and Veterans Affairs
(336) 386-3263

Schedule an appointment to talk with a financial aid specialist.