Register Now For Fall 2019 Classes
Posted: Mar 29, 2019
Register now through August 2 for Fall 2019 classes. Fall classes start August 15. To register, you must have a complete admissions file with official transcripts and test scores, as applicable. If you were enrolled in the Spring semester and have not registered, you may enter Fall courses into Student Planning for approval.
Apply online at www.surry.edu. Then, contact Student Services at (336) 386-3264 or email email@example.com to schedule a Guide, Plan, Succeed (GPS) Session with an advisor and register for classes.
In order to schedule an appointment, you must have a complete admissions application including official transcripts and placement testing, if applicable.
Students are required to take the placement test if they are pursuing a degree, diploma, or certificate or if they are planning to enroll in a course with a pre-requisite. Exemptions are approved with appropriate transcripts or score reports.
New Student Orientation
Be sure to register for orientation once you have registered for classes:
- Summer 2019 Orientation
- Fall Orientation Registration - Main Campus
- Fall Orientation Registration - Yadkin Center
Current students will use Student Planning in myKnightLife to plan and register for their courses. View our Student Planning Quick Guide for additional information.
SCC highly encourages all students to meet with their academic advisor on a regular basis to discuss career and educational goals. However, for registration purposes, students who have earned fewer than 24 semester hours of credit and/or have below a 2.6 GPA must have their plan of courses approved by their advisor prior to registering for classes.
- May 17, 2019: Summer Session tuition due by noon for schedule adjustments.
- May 17, 2019: Last day for 100% refund for full Summer Session & Summer I courses.
- May 23, 2019: Last day for 75% refund for Summer I courses.
- May 24, 2019: Last day for 75% refund for full summer session courses.
- June 24, 2019: Summer Session II tuition due.
- June 24, 2019: Last day for 100% refund for Summer II courses.
- June 27, 2019: Last day for 75% refund for Summer II courses.
- May 14, 2019: New Student Summer Orientation.
- May 12, 2019: Summer Session I Begins.
- June 25, 2019: Summer Session II Begins.
- Aug. 2, 2019: Fall Registration Deadline.
- Aug. 2, 2019: Fall tuition due by 3 pm for pre-registered students.
- Aug. 5-8, 2019: New Student Fall Orientation.
- Aug. 14, 2019: Fall tuition due by 6 pm for schedule adjustments.
- Aug. 14, 2019: Last day for 100% refund for Fall Semester.
- Aug. 15, 2019: Fall Classes Begin.
- Aug. 26, 2019: Last day for 75% refund for full-semester classes.
NOTE: Continuing Education classes follow different deadlines. Check with the particular program director for more information.
Apply for Scholarships, Financial Aid, Yadkin Guarantee, or Finish Line Grants for the Fall. Complete your application to ensure your financial aid is in place at the beginning of the semester by the June 1st priority deadline. The Summer financial aid priority deadline has already passed, but students can still apply for aid. It just won't be available at the beginning of the summer semester.
If your last name begins with A-F, please contact Elizabeth White at (336) 386-3356 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If your last name begins with G-Z, please contact Kendra Simmons at (336) 386-3465 or email@example.com. Payment plan options are also available to our students through our Business Office.
Financial Aid assistance is available Monday-Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Victory Media, a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business that connects classrooms to careers for the nation’s next generation of professionals, has named Surry Community College as a Military Friendly® School every year consecutively since 2011. Tammy Fletcher is the Coordinator of Veterans Affairs at Surry Community College where she manages the Veterans Center, which was established to better serve military veterans enrolling at the college. The Veterans Center is a place where veteran students can study, relax, and have access to informational resources. For more information, contact Tammy Fletcher at (336) 386-3245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.