Student Email Account Access and Help
- Open your web browser. To access your student email, browse to www.surry.edu and select the envelope in the top right corner of the screen. Then select the link for student email.
Bookmark the following URL's to go directly to the new email platform.
- To login to the web-based Outlook, enter your Knight Life User ID and password in the following format:
USER ID: user email@example.com
Example: John Doe's User ID is the following: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Your User ID will be the same format across all college systems.
PASSWORD: sccmmddyy (6 digit date of birth)
Example: If John Doe’s Birthday is January 02, 1979, then the initial password for web-based Outlook will be scc010279.
Note: Your initial password is scc (in lowercase) plus your six digit date of birth - mmddyy.
- Click Sign In.
- Enter your Old password again (scc + 6 digit DOB), and then create a new password.
- Create new password. Your password must be between 8 and 16 characters in length and must meet specific criteria for a strong password, including: letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Confirm new password. Enter your new password again.
- Click Submit.
- You will then be logged out, and must login with your new password.
- Select your language: English (United States), select your time zone: (UTC-5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) and then click Ok.
- You are now in Outlook. Here you can manage your mail, calendar, contacts, and personal settings.
For Additional Help Using Outlook
For online help about how to manage your mail, calendar, contacts, and personal settings; select Home in the top-middle of the screen. Help videos can also be found at http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/gg605090.aspx. If you need additional assistance you may call the Technology Services Help Desk at (336) 386-3434.