All students taking classes for college credit are assigned a Surry Community College student email address.If is highly recommended that you use your Surry Community College email account when communicating with your instructors and the college. That is the only way we can assist you if you send an email and your instructor does not receive it.
To access your student email account:
- Go to the Surry homepage at http://www.surry.edu
- Click the Email icon located in the upper right portion of the screen
- Enter your username and your date of birth in 6 digit format mmddyy
ONLY enter your username in the username field, not your entire email address
- The first time you log into your email you should click on Options located in the upper right of the screen.
Changing your password in one program does not change it in any other program. Changing your email password ONLY changes it for your email account.
- Your email address for others to send you messages will be your email@example.com
(Example - firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you have AOL as your ISP, you will need to connect to the Internet using AOL; then open a new browser window using Internet Explorer to access the Student Email.
If you experience problems with your student email, please contact the Technology Services Help Desk at (336) 386-3434.
Student Email Tutorials
Log Into Your Email
Changing Your Password
Creating a New Message