The North Carolina General Assembly has appropriated funding for child care services for student-parents in community colleges. Allocations are to be used to assist student-parents with child care needs and are allocated on a "first come, first serve" basis. The child care coordinator and financial aid offices will jointly determine the need of student-parents for child care. All eligible curriculum student-parents are encouraged to apply.
The following requirements must be met to be considered for Child Care Assistance:
- Be a North Carolina resident
- Enrolled in at least six (6) seated credit hours. Distance students are not eligible.
- Have a completed file in the Financial Aid Office
- Completely fill out the required forms
- Provide a copy of your child's birth certificate
- Not be receiving assistance from another agency
- Be receiving child care from a licensed facility
Child care fees paid to the provider are the responsibility of the parent. Surry Community College will reimburse the student-parent directly for appropriate childcare expenses. The reimbursement check will be disbursed directly to the student upon receipt of an invoice from a childcare provider accompanied by a student's class attendance record, and completed payment request form. To apply for this grant, please complete Child Care Guidelines, Application, Agreement, Communication and Consent form. These documents can be found below.
For more information, contact Ashley Tomlin at email@example.com or by phone at 336-386-3529.
2012/13 Child Care Assistance Forms: