Schedule an Off-Campus Exam
If you are a Surry Community College online student and not able to take your midterm, final or other exam in the Testing Center on the main campus of SCC, you must locate a professional proctor. Proctors must hold one of the following positions:
- Dean or Registrar of a college or university
- Professional staff member of the Adult or Continuing Education office, Counseling Center, Testing Center
- Professor of a college or university
- Public or private school superintendent, principal, counselor, or teacher (presently employed by a school district)
- Certified Librarian (city, county, etc.)
- Notify your instructor that you cannot make it to the main campus of SCC and that you will be looking for an off-campus proctor.
- Contact the SCC Testing Center to find out which proctoring sites they prefer or recommend. Then locate an off-campus proctor for your exam.
- If you had a proctor in the past and want to use the same proctor you may do so. Contact SCC Testing Center with the proctor contact information.
- After securing an off-campus proctor, have the proctor contact us by email email@example.com. First time proctors must complete the Proctor Information Sheet which the Testing Center will provide) to confirm they are willing to proctor your exam.
- Prior to taking test, all proctors must be approved by the SCC Testing Center Staff.
- Please verify directions to the proctoring site before your exam. Make sure there are no testing fees you have to pay before testing.
- Have a picture ID available. You must verify your identity in order to take the test.
- Verify testing guidelines with your instructor prior to your exam time.
- After you complete your exam, have your proctor fax the exam immediately to (336) 386-3690, Attention: Laura Bracken or they can scan the exam and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mail back the original exam to:
Surry Community College
Attention: Laura Bracken
630 South Main Street
Dobson, NC 27017
If you have any questions regarding off-campus proctoring, please contact 336.386.3443.