impact of tourism on North Carolina's economy is growing. In response to this growth and the need for trained employees, the SCC Hospitality Academy opened its doors in the spring of 2011.
The mission of the Surry Community College Hospitality Academy is to foster economic tourism growth by:
- Providing quality educational programs and training
- Enhancing the overall customer/tourist experience
- Expanding local tourism knowledge
- Making everyone a hospitality specialist
Hospitality Academy Certificate
- Must attend 3 “What’s There To Do Around Here” Familiarity Tours.
- Must attend 3 Hospitality seminars.
- 15 Hours Total
|For more information, contact:
Small Business Center Coordinator
Terri D. Cockerham
Director of Occupational Programs