Through the Financial Aid Office at Surry Community College, veteran’s have the opportunity to take advantage of educational benefits. These benefits vary based on the chapter and eligibility is determined by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Currently, SCC provides assistance with the following benefits:
- (Chapter 30) Montgomery GI Bill- Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
- (Chapter 31) Vocational Rehabilitation (with the Winston Salem Regional Office)
- (Chapter 33) Post 9/11 GI Bill
- (Chapter 35) Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (DEA)
- (Chapter 1606) Montgomery GI Bill- Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)
- (Chapter 1607) Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) Benefits
In order to take advantage of these benefits, students must follow the general admissions’ requirements of Surry Community College, as well as the requirements of the Financial Aid office and the Office of Veteran’s Affairs.
Students eligible to receive VA educational benefits must select a program of study. The Admissions Office will assist students in completing required enrollment procedures. By law, enrollment certifications cannot be submitted to the VA until all admissions requirements are completed.
Most programs of study offered at SCC are approved for students to receive educational benefits administered by the VA. To begin application process please visit the Veterans ON-line Application (VONAPP) Website. Once you have completed the initial application, please visit the VA Certifying Official to complete the process.
|For more information, contact:
Assistant Director of Financial Aid and VA School Certifying Official (Primary)
Phone: (336) 386-3245
|Andrea J. Simpson
Director of Financial Aid and VA School Certifying Official (Secondary)
Phone: (336) 386-3263